Monday, December 14, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

I had another great weekend but in a completely different way.

Friday involved my favorite activity - shopping - as there was a giant sale at Ann Taylor Loft. My friend and I hit up the stores in Friendship Heights and had a blast.

Saturday involved MUCH cleaning and cooking as my parents were coming to visit in the evening and I had company coming on Sunday. Mike helped out with both which was fun. Why is it that mundane activities like cleaning become more fun when someone else is around?

That night we went to dinner with my parents and then to the Kennedy Center to see the National Symphony Orchestra Pops perform their Holiday concert. We had a great time. The NSO Holiday show is one of my favorites. And, there was this amazing singer that performed with them - Jonathan Ansell. He's kind of a British Josh Groban (yes - April and Lori I know that is probably your worst nightmare come to fruition). Needless to say, I went home and bought his CD off of ITunes right away. It's awesome.

Here's a clip of him singing "Oh Holy Night." Turn up the volume though - the recording is not the best.



On Sunday, I hosted book club. We had a decent discussion of the book - The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I think it's the first book that my club unanimously liked. Of course, the discussion lasted about 10 minutes and then we talked about lots of other stuff. It was a fun afternoon. I have a ton of food leftover but oh well.

Now on to the next book and the work week!

6 comments:

  1. Hello
    Greetings from the UK
    Thank you for your review
    it was lovely to read how it all went
    Jonathan is very lovely always has time for us fans
    Please have a look at his forum
    Oh I can not copy paste he is moving to
    g4central.co.uk
    You find lovely forum and videos to download and lots of chatter
    Jonathan also has got twitter page
    Have great week
    I have to post this as Anom as I got no other way to do it
    I am Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma (username: Wise Owl)December 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM

    So pleased you enjoyed seeing Jonathan Ansell recently. He is a very popular singer in the UK and has many fans, myself being one of them.
    If you want to find out more about him then please visit his new forum on wwww.g4central.co.uk/forum/index.php. (A full website will soon be launched.) It would be lovely to see you over there.
    Norma xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Juliette

    Was lovely to read your blog about your night at the Kennedy Centre and how much you enjoyed 'our' Jonathan Ansell.

    He is really lovely to all who meet him and it certainly would be nice if you could come on over to his website as Norma says and join us

    Cathy XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Juliette,
    So pleased to hear how much you enjoyed Jonathan Ansell.
    We've all been dying to hear some news of Happy Holidays
    I don't know exactly what he sang( although He told me Canto Della Terra was going to be one of them )but that is just the tip of the iceberg. He is extremely talented and such a genuinely nice guy , always finding time for his fans.
    Please come to Jon's website to say hello.
    Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Juliette.

    It was lovely to read your blog on your visit with your parents to the Kennedy Centre on
    Saturday where you heard the wonderful voice
    of Jonathan Ansell. Did you know of Jonathan
    before?

    I was so very pleased that you enjoyed your
    evening and Jonathan's splendid voice too. If
    you would like to hear/know more of Jonathan
    Ansell please come along to Jonathan's forum to
    say hi.

    Best Wishes,
    Christine.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea our book club pretty much unanimously disliked "My Life in France" by Julia Child. And we also don't so much talk about the book as anything and everything else. Seems to be the way of book clubs. Glad everythings going well w/ Mike!

    Steff

    ReplyDelete