Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It's my favorite day of the year!!!!

I love Christmas Eve. It's the best day because you are full of the anticipation of Christmas. Everyone is in good spirits getting ready for the holiday.

It's a day of family. I love hanging out with my family on Christmas Eve and going to Mass with my mom. Christmas Eve Mass is the best. We usually go to the children's mass around 4PM, which is adorable because they have the little children reenact the Christmas story. Too cute to see little kids playing Mary, Joseph, angels, shepherds, etc.

Then we go to dinner at my sister's house. That's a relatively new tradition. We started it when she moved back from Florida. It's nice though because it helps break up the work so that my mom does not have to prepare everything.

Then at 10:45 PM, I watch the last 15 minutes of It's a Wonderful Life. Usually, I've watched the whole movie earlier in the season. But the ending gets me every time. I will cry the minute Harry says "to my big brother George, the richest man in town." That line basically sums up the greatness of the movie for me. George is not rich in wealth but he is rich in character and that's more important than money.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment