Monday, April 26, 2010

One decision down. . .


I have a wedding date. On May 14, 2011, I will be married!!!! Whooo hooooo.

I am really excited about this date. It's what I had in the back of my head all along. I tried not to wish for it too much so that i would not be disappointed if it did not work out. But, it did! In fact, it was the only date in May that our venue still had open. It was fate!

I think it's the perfect date. It's far enough away from my birthday so that I can have two celebrations. It's early enough in May that it should not be too hot. And if it is warm, the evenings should still cool off.

Plus, Mike and I first met on June 14 so the 14th is a special day for us. We'll be married 23 months to the day we met! That's pretty cool.

We picked the Links at Gettysburg for our wedding site. We are going to do the reception and ceremony all here. That will keep it easy. Plus, the setting is really pretty so we'll have lots of nice pictures and it should be a lovely atmosphere for the guests.

The ceremony - weather permitting - will take place on this pretty little patio.
But, if it rains, the wedding will still be pretty. The ceremony will be by this quaint little fireplace.




Then, we'll get to take cool wedding pictures outside. Like, on this pretty little bridge.



or by this cool waterfall.

And then it will be time to party! The reception - in the room below - should look really pretty. Colors and flowers TBD.



Hopefully it will be amazing. But even if everything goes crazy, I'll still be MARRIED to Mike at the end of the day. And that's all that matters. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! That's the right attitude. Plus, I always thought that if things go wrong, they'll make good stories later on... and they did! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! May weddings are the BEST...not that I'm biased or anything ;-) We picked May 22 because it combines our birthdays-- mine May 12 and his Oct. 22 so we figured it would be easier to remember :) Your venue looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that place looks beautiful! So excited for you :) I looooved wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete