Friday, April 30, 2010

Retail Therapy

This week has been a little nutty - work, personal, etc. It's all a little bit crazy. As a result, I feel like I'm in a bit of a funk. And how do I usually break myself out of a funk?

I shop.

But, I'm trying not to shop as much. Not for a noble reason like I should be saving money to buy wedding stuff. But for a more practical reason which is that if Mike and I are going to be moving into my condo, I have to get rid of stuff not buy more stuff. Yes, we'll put some stuff in storage, but I really should try and cut back on buying more stuff as much as I can.

Normally, when I'm in a funk I usually buy myself one of three things - a book, a piece of clothing, or a handbag. (yes I get that there's a huge price difference in this mix). And, what you may ask currently accounts for about 90% of my possessions and thus the bulk of what I have to get rid of?

You guessed it - books, clothes, and handbags.

And what do I want to buy myself to get out of my funk?

right again - a handbag.

This one to be precise.


It's from Anthropology. I haven't bought it yet, but it's tempting me. It would be so cute for the summer! Bright and happy. With lots of space.

We'll see how much I can resist. I mean would it really take up that much room?

1 comment:

  1. Well, large handbags work well for 2 reasons. They either store flat OR they can store many little handbags inside of them.

    I've been slowly purging books and, if necessary, rebuying the ebooks for my nook to save room. It's a bit of a transition, but I think once my mind set has changed, it'll be good in the long run. I shopped a good amount this month, but I'll be busy the next few months so probably less shopping excluding the fact that I want/need a pair or two of shorts that fit well.

    I am of the belief that if you look good, you feel good which is why I need pretty things.

    ReplyDelete