Monday, February 8, 2010

My Sister's Keeper

While I was snowed in this weekend, I was feeling really sad. See, I was snowed in alone because Mike got snowed in at his house in Woodbridge. So we chatted on the phone multiple times a day but it wasn't the same as if he had actually been HERE. But, oh well. S*** happens, right?

So since I was already feeling sad, on Saturday night I curled up on the couch with a glass of wine to watch My Sister's Keeper on TV. This is a movie based on the book of the same name by Jodi Picoult. I read this book several years ago and was emotionally destroyed for a couple days after finishing it. However, I heard that the ending was changed for the movie and that it was "happier."

I'm not sure if I would describe the ending as "happier." It was really just sad in a different way. However, I do think it was a shame that the movie leaves out the twist at the end of the book. That twist was really powerful when I read the book. Without it, the movie becomes very predictable. That's not to say that I did not cry the whole way through - because I totally did. It's still a sad and emotionally charged story.

Mike called right as the movie ended. I was all congested and pathetic sounding because I had been crying for 2 hours. And he was like "Why would you watch this movie if you knew it would make you cry?!"

I guess I'm a glutton for punishement. Next time, I'll choose a nice comedy. . .

1 comment:

  1. ha and you're following it with Winter Garden. Good luck with that one. :)

    ReplyDelete