Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowmageddon Part II

Before we had even recovered from the first blizzard, the DC area was hit with another one. This one had less snow but more wind. I think it was actually more dangerous than the first storm. At times, I would look outside and could not see anything. Total white out conditions.

The Federal Government has been closed for about a week. It's just nutty. I have a case of total cabin fever.

During my forced confinement, I have done the following:

  • Cleaned my entire house
  • Watched endless hours of Storm Watch on ABC 7.
  • Reorganized my closets and put aside 4 bags of clothes for Goodwill
  • Organized all of my household papers (bills, tax info, etc)
  • Watched many movies including Sunshine Cleaning, 8 Seconds, The Ballet Shoes, and My Sisters's Keeper.
  • Shoveled much much snow.
  • Did some work from home.
  • Read the Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah.
  • Talked on the phone for more hours than I ever have in my life.
  • Logged much time on Facebook.
  • Caught up on my blog.
  • Drank lots of coffee and hot chocolate with Bailey's.
  • Did some online shopping.
  • Watched some episodes of Castle - I'm still about 6 behind though.
These storms were definitely a case of be careful what you wish for. I had been hoping for a random day off to just relax. No plans - just time to chill. Well, I got 7 of them and that's 6 too many.

Oh well, it will be another 15 years before DC sees the same type of storm again. I won't complain too much. In another couple of months, I'll be wishing for one of these lazy snow days.

No comments:

Post a Comment