Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oscar Snub?

The Oscar nominations came out last week. There were not that many surprises which probably means that the ceremony is going to be boring. But I'm sure I'll watch it anyway.

There are a couple of omissions that people keep griping about. One is the exclusion of 500 Days of Summer from the best picture category. This year, there were 10 slots and many people felt this movie deserved one of them even if it had no chance of winning.

I've blogged about this movie before
. I thought that this movie was good and I loved Joseph Gordon-Levitt's performance. If anything from the movie was going to be Oscar nominated it should have been him. My largest complaint about this movie was that while I really felt for the male character I could not stand the female character in the movie. That's a problem when it's a romantic movie and you are supposed to sympathize with both.

However, I did love the musical scene from the movie. It was so cute. But then again, Joseph Gordon-Levitt makes anything adorable.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of people think it should have gotten at least a nomination for screenwriting. I have it at home, but I haven't watched yet.

    ReplyDelete