Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where did the time go?

Yikes! It's been awhile since I posted. I don't know where the last month went. It was nutty.

For part of the month, I was caught up in Olympic madness. I love the Olympics. I watch all kinds of sports that I would never watch during any other time - like skiing and ski jumping. But by the end of the Olympics, I was ready for it to be over. I'm good for another 2 years until the Summer Olympics of 2012.

For the last couple of days, I've been sick with a cold. It started on Saturday night. By Sunday, I could not talk because my throat was so sore. I stayed home from work on Monday and came home early on Tuesday. I'm hoping that the worst of it is behind me!!

I'm also a bit stressed about this coming weekend. M has been pushing for the "parents meeting." On Saturday, my parents and his parents are going to meet for the first time. We are all going to dinner. I kind of feel like it's a meeting of the Jets and the Sharks (the gangs in West Side Story). Like them, we are meeting on neutral ground to avoid a rumble. I'm not sure why I am so nervous about this meeting. I'm sure that everyone will get along fine. It just seems weird to me to have this meeting. I'm not really sure what the purpose is. I just hope that we do not run out of things to talk about. I'm pretty sure that with my mother there, a lack of conversation will not be an issue, but I'm still nervous.

1 comment:

  1. No update on the parents' meeting or since 3/10? Get blogging!

    ReplyDelete