Monday, March 22, 2010

The Big Meeting

Yes, yes, I know. I've been slacking off with the blog! Here's what's been going on.

Two weekends ago, Mike's parents and my parents met for the first time. I will go on record as saying that I was kind of against this meeting. I thought it would be weird from them to meet while we were "just" dating. It seemed odd. But, Mike REALLY wanted it to happen so I gave in.

We each drove our parents to Maggianos. It's one of the few places where my dad will eat without complaining. We proceeded to order way too much food. I swear that we had enough for 3 meals. Needless to say, there were many doggie bags to go home.

Dinner went really well. My mom and Mike's dad kept the conversation flowing. There were no awkward silences. I think that I was the most quiet which is not typical. I'd been stressed earlier in the day by my parents asking me a million and one questions about where my future was heading. That's enough to stress anyone out!

So the first meeting is over. Now on to more. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment