Thursday, September 16, 2010

Decisions Decisions - Bridal Jewelry

I never thought that trying to pick out jewelry to match my wedding dress would be more difficult than picking out the actual dress.

But it is.

I've gone back and forth between various ideas. I want something that will show up in pictures. I want something that's a little bigger - since I don't need a necklace with the dress, I can go for more than just a stud earring. And, I want something that I'll like enough to wear again.

Currently, I have two front runners. And, they could not be more different.

There are these from J. Crew. They seem very bridal to me but the gold gives them a little bit of punch. Plus, they are a classic style so I can definitely wear them again.


Then there are these by Alexis Bittar. I LOVE Alexi Bittar's jewelry. I have a few pairs of earrings and they are some of my favorites. His stuff is just so different and fun. These are cool because they'll sparkle a bit and definitely show up against my hair. The gold color will look nice with my ivory dress. But, I worry that they aren't "bridal" enough.

Good thing I have 8 months to decide. Or keep looking. . .

2 comments:

  1. Can you get more than one pair and try them on with the dress? It's hard to put it all together unless you see the whole thing. I like the first pair of the two only because the lower ones look darker and more fall whereas I feel the dress is light and airy and springy. Then again, they may look better with the actual dress than the first. Hard to tell and hard to make a decision when they're both nice and totally different. Yep, you do have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. solution: first ones for the wedding, bottom ones for the rehearsal. if you can only have 1, i vote for the top - they're gorgeous!

    -- lindsey aka buttons

    ReplyDelete