Monday, September 20, 2010

Metro Song

GoRemy who created the Arlington Rap (which to this day remains my bad day pick-me-up video of choice) has done it again. He's captured the sentiment of true Washingtonians and our hatred and frustration of the metro. This video shows that he really gets it.

I hate the metro.

Let me say it again.

I hate the metro.

You may remember last year, that I wrote a little poem about the metro. This was during one of the many many days last summer where the delays on the red line were out of control. There were days where my usual half hour ride took a good hour and a half. Not fun. You know that there's a serious problem, when a non-poet by myself is driven to such extreme boredom while stuck on the train that she writes this:

Oh red line, how I loate thee

For you have stolen too much time frome me

Time spent standing with the human race

Crammed into such a tiny space

Hours upon hours of delay

With no cell service with which to relay

Scintillating tales heard while eavesdropping

Stories of marrige and break-ups and bar hopping

And no matter what the season

At each stop, trains stall for no reason

And me with nary a bottle of water to drink

For the cops will catch me and toss me in the clink

Precious time wasted in quite thought

Or people watching until caught

By a fanny-pack wearing tourist family

Mom, dad, two kids, and of course a crying baby

But now it's time to end my tale of sorrow

For I will be back at Shady Grove tomorrow

Anyway, enough about me. Check out Remy's video people and you'll see what I mean. It's genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment