Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Me

Today marks my three-year anniversary at Avalon!

I cannot believe that it's been three years. Some days it feels like I just started and other days it feels like I've worked there forever.

Here are a just a few things that I've learned in the past three years at Avalon:
  • It is possible to be promoted while you are still in your 20s.
  • Georgetown cupcakes are the best cupcakes in DC.
  • I can survive in direct marketing without Brady.
  • Ann's rule of dating #1 - Never date someone over 40 who has never been married.
  • Excel for Dummies is one of the best books ever written.
  • The Muddhouse makes a better latte than Starbucks.
  • Hailing a cab is easy.
  • I can leap onto a desk (ask me about the rat story).
  • Ann's rule of dating #2 - Discuss your desires for the future (including marriage and kids) on the first date.
  • It's always time for wine o'clock.
  • I can wing a client presentation.
  • Happy Hour at the Daily Grill or Rosa Mexicana should end one drink before they actually do.
  • It's possible to have "water cooler" conversations without an actual water cooler.
  • I'd love to live in Annapolis.
  • I can raise millions of dollars.
  • Bloomingdales.com is a great website (ummm. . . thanks Alex).
  • Income projections are actually kind of fun.
  • Ann has many more rules of dating. (maybe that deserves its own blog post)
  • Power Point is not my friend.
  • It's really not that far to walk to Woodley Park.
It's been a great three years. Hopefully the next couple will be just as awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm 4 years here the first of next month. Time flies by. Congratulations and wise choice by Avalon to hire and keep you so long!

    ReplyDelete