Thursday, October 1, 2009

Two Amazing Irish Bands

Over the last week, I saw two amazing Irish Bands in concert.


On Friday night, I went to see Snow Patrol. They were incredible. They sang my favorite song of all time - Open Your Eyes - which made me super happy. We also had pretty good seats which were a plus.

The Plain White T's opened for them, and they were also fantastic. It did kind of suck that we sat in the wrong seats for the entire opening act and had to endure a bright light in our eyes for no reason but whatever. The music was good so that's all that counts.

On Tuesday, I went to see U2 in concert. It was AWESOME!!!! I think that Bono is the epitome of cool so to have the opportunity to see him perform live was just amazing.

They sang such a good mix of music too. Lots of the old stuff and a few of their newer songs which I like - Vertigo, Elevation, etc. The encore included Where the Streets Have No Name and With or Without You, which are two of my favorites. In my opinion, With or Without You is one of the most romantic songs ever written.

During the show it was pretty cold outside, but we did not care. It was worth a little discomfort and a ton of traffic to see the show. And as a plus, the opening band was Muse. They sang the 2 songs that I really like so all was well.

What are the odds of seeing 4 amazing bands for the price of 2 and hearing all of my favorite songs by each band? What a fantastic week.

Here's a clip from the U2 Concert. This is With or Without You. So awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard nothing but amazing things about U2. I'm sure they're great in concert. I can say that Snow Patrol was great. I'm glad we went.

    On a sidenote, you have REO Speedwagon in your sidebar. I've always liked the song (even though I always think of Drive Me Crazy when I hear it), but it always irked me that he says to bring the ship onto the shore and throw away the oars. Ships don't have oars, only boats do. I have no idea why that bothers me, but it does. I know. I'm weird. No news there.

    ReplyDelete