Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving. The day of family, food, and football (the last refers to others not so much to me). Thanksgiving is one of my all time favorite holidays. Why you may ask? I'll tell you.
  1. It's time for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. You always know where to find me between 9-12 on Thanksgiving morning. I LOVE the parade.
  2. Usually my family does not fight on Thanksgiving and that's a huge plus.
  3. Yummy dinner - my mother's cooking is always fantastic, but she outdoes herself on Thanksgiving.
  4. So many things are cranberry flavored, and I heart cranberries.
  5. It's time for Christmas music!
  6. And Christmas decorations!
  7. And Christmas shopping! (are you sensing a theme here. . .)
  8. Fun Thanksgiving themed episodes of my favorite TV shows.
  9. Pie
  10. And last but not least - A FOUR DAY WEEKEND. WHOO HOOO.
In all seriousness, it's been a great year so far and I have much for which to be thankful. Thanks to all of you who have helped to make this year so amazing.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! We should have a relaxing Thanksgiving (though we made one midnight run to the grocery store and I still am nixing something because I'm missing an ingredient). Thanksgiving is a lot less fun when you host versus just show up. I love turkey and no one else does so I'm kind of glad I get to eat it. Other than that, we're doing seafood as our appetizers (crab dip, shrimp and scallops wrapped with bacon) then turkey, stuffing, creamed corn, string beans, cranberry sauce, crescent rolls, and roasted potatoes (no one but me likes mashed). My mom is bringing apple pie. I have everything but brown sugar to make mulled cider so if my mom happens to have some, we'll have that. If not, I'll have to make a ton of cider later in the weekend. :) Travel safely!

    ReplyDelete