Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga fascinates me. I'm not really sure why. I think it may be because she is just so bizarre that I find it intriguing that someone can maintain that persona at all times. I mean her outfits alone are deserving of my fascination.

Like this one. What's up with the mask?



Or this one. Can she even see?


And let's not forget this one. Just plain weird.


I mean each one is crazier than the last. It makes me wonder does she designs these herself or does she have an equally bizarre fashion designer friend that she works with? But, they make her unforgettable.

I think I just really admire that she is who she is and does not care what other people think. If she wants to wear a bizarre outfit - she will. If she wants to bring a Muppet as her date to the VMAs - Kermit is there. She's the definition of avant garde.

It also helps that her music is insanely catchy. And when she sings live, you realize that she can actually sing. Somewhere beneath her bizarre exterior is a really talented singer and songwriter.

As you can probably imagine, she's also very theatrical. Her video for Paparazzi is like a mini-movie. Granted, a very strange mini-movie but it's still really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment