Friday, November 13, 2009

Rob Thomas!

This week, I went to see Rob Thomas in concert with a friend.

It was AMAZING.

I'd seen Rob Thomas with Matchbox 20 a few years ago but seeing Rob Thomas solo was just as good. Plus, Carolina Liar and One Republic were the opening acts so it was just a great night of music all around.

For me the highlights were the acoustic version of Ever the Same, a cover of That's Alright, and the acoustic version of Bent.

What I love about seeing Rob Thomas in concert is that he sings the songs you love in a new way but you still recognize and love them. It's not like some concerts where the people do things in such a new way that you do not even recognize the song. I hate that.

Anyway, here's a treat for Friday - the acoustic version of Ever the Same. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. ah, see, I searched for a clip from our show in particular.

    I actually really liked Getting Late live, too. It was a song I kind of ignored on the album. I missed Hard on You and Snowblind, but overall, I loved the show.

    ReplyDelete