Thursday, July 16, 2009

Entertainment Weekly Got It Wrong!




EW.com recently put out a list of the 25 most romantic movies. I think that this list is crap. I mean how is it possible that Doctor Zhivago would NOT be on a list of the most romantic movies? Simply impossible.

So in response I am creating my own list. I only kept 5 from the original EW list. I put stars next to those.





1. Doctor Zhivago
2. Persuasion
3. The Way We Were
4. Out of Africa*
5. Sense and Sensibility
6. Love with a Proper Stranger
7. Love Story
8. Splendor in the Grass
9. Pretty Woman*
10. Painted Veil
11. Roman Holiday
12. West Side Story
13. Gigi
14. Firelight
15. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind*
16. Dirty Dancing*
17. Three Coins in the Fountain
18. Long Hot Summer
19. Indochine
20. Pride and Prejudice
21. English Patient*
22. Sweet Home Alabama
23. Atonement
24. Two Weeks Notice
25. Walk to Remember

3 comments:

  1. See, I am SO not a Robert Redford fan so much so that I don't watch the Sundance channel without feeling icky. I don't know why. Perhaps it's because my mother loves him. He was always just too outdoorsy and craggy for me.

    My issue always comes late. I'll get it today or early next week so I haven't seen the full list. I'll have to think of mine. I'm fairly critical of romantic movies. There are very few that I genuinely like long-term.

    Doctor Zhivago will be on almost every one of my lists mostly for sentimental reasons. I'm not sure it passed the test of time completely. The score and cinematography help though. Plus, I love me Omar Shariff.

    I'll definitely give it some thought and then compare with EW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: It's the Top 25 Movies in the Past 25 Years. That makes it tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are we supposed to know what's on your mind when you go weeks without posting?

    ReplyDelete