Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sad Songs

Sometimes I am in the mood to listen to sad songs. I actually have a special list on my IPod just for them. I know that sounds a little crazy but there are times that I just need to give in to sadness, nostalgia, etc. Usually I will watch a sad movie or listen to some sad songs and then I'm over it.

Anyway, I was listening to my sad songs list today at work. Whenever I listen to this playlist, I always get stuck on "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt. It tops my list of the most wistful and sad songs. There is something so powerful about the story - a woman who knows that no matter how much she loves this man she cannot make him love her back. And that their relationship has come to an end.

Bonnie Raitt has such emotion when she sings this song. I can feel the sorrow pouring out of her. If you haven't heard the song in awhile, watch the attached video. You'll see what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. I actually saw Bonnie Raitt in concert during the Lillith Fair. Good stuff. One of the performers collapsed from exhaustion (the one who sang Wild Nights with John Mellancamp - can't spell her name) and Bonnie Raitt played her time plus her own with such grace. She's kind of awesome.

    Well, you know what Elton says, sad songs say so much. :) I'm the same way. I also love to read a good sad book when I'm sad. I'm not sure why that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I'm totally with you about the sad books. I think that all of my favorites are sad in one way or another.

    ReplyDelete