Thursday, September 10, 2009

Open Your Eyes

From some people who read my blog, there has been surprise that Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol is my favorite song.

The song is amazing so I'm not sure where the surprise comes from. Maybe it is because it was not one of Snow Patrol's most famous songs.

Aside from the song just being awesome, it became my ultimate favorite when it was used at the end of the pilot of the Black Donnellys - one of my favorite TV shows of all time. The music just fit so perfectly with the last 5 minutes of the show.

There is so much drama and tension in this ending. Tommy throws away his own life dreams and ambitions to protect his family. He gets sucked into a word that he never wanted to be a part of. It's just so good!

Below is the clip of the ending. My favorite part of the song comes 3 minutes in. It's just an awesome riff. And, the director of the episode timed the climax of the scene perfectly with it. It's cinematic brilliance!

2 comments:

  1. I love Snow Patrol. I'm horrible with song titles though. There are so many that I like by them, and I think that album is just awesome. They were so much better than I expected in concert, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That concert was awesome It was worth schlepping out to American for it. :)

    ReplyDelete