Sunday, August 16, 2009

Chocolatey Goodness

I decided to try a new recipe. I wanted something chocolatey but without a lot of calories.

I found this chocolate mouse recipe online. The original receipe had 200 calories per serving. I doctored it to use sugar free pudding and fat free Cool Whip. I also did not include the liqueur (mainly because I did not have any and did not feel like going back to the store). Now, it has much fewer calories, and it's still delicious. Yay!


Irish Cream chocolate Mousse

6 servings - half cup each

1 1/4 cups cold milk (I used skim)
1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur or milk
1 pkg. JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding (I used the sugar free version)
2 cups thawed Cool Whip (I used the fat free kind)
1/2 cup fresh raspberries (I did not have these so mine did not look as pretty as the picture)

Beat milk, liqueur and pudding with whisk 2 minutes.
Stir in 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip
Spoon into 6 dessert dishes.
Refrigerate until ready to serve
Top with remaining cool whip and raspberries just before serving

This is seriously the easiest recipe ever!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I love those martini glasses, too (I know they're not yours, but just saying). I tried a new recipe yesterday, too, though mine was less healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete