Thursday, August 13, 2009

What's That I Hear?

I came to the realization at work today that I am bored with all of my music. This happens to me occasionally. I realize that I've been listening to the same CDs or artists for a while and it's time for something new. Even songs that are my favorites become boring. When I am skipping more songs on a playlist than I am actually listening to, I know it's time for a change. I'm sure I'll go back to my old favorites later, but for now, I need a break!

I decided to buy myself some new CDs. When I am buying an entire album, I like to buy the actual CD. I'm definitely an ITunes person but more for individual songs.

The first album that I decided to buy today is the new Green Day CD. I really like Green Day. They feed my spirit when I am angry or stressed out. When I need to vent some frustration I like to blast American Idiot. I also will listen to Boulevard of Broken Dreams when I am mad at the world. It's angsty that way.

I already know that I really like one song from this CD. I've been OBSESSED with 21 Guns lately. It's an amazing song.


I also decided to buy some more mellow music. I need something for when I am feeling low key or when I need something to calm me down. Usually classical music does the trick here, but this time, I decided to buy the new CD by The Fray. I really like Never Say Never off of this CD and the rest of the songs seem to be along the same vein. It should be good!



Lastly I needed something that was fun. I decided to buy David Cook's CD. Yes, he was on American Idol, but he has a pretty good sound. The songs of his that I hear on the radio are catchy. I also love the video that is done backwards. It's super cool! And, let's face it, he's really cute. I do not mind owning a CD with him on the cover! Plus, his kind of music is fun road trip music, and I have a bunch of those coming up.

I'm open to buying more music. I have to create a new playlist to keep me from getting bored! All suggestions are welcome.

For now, I'll leave you with the video for 21 Guns. It's truly awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I did that last month and bought 3 CDs. If you like American Idiot, I think you'll like the new Green Day. I haven't really sat and listened to it, but what I heard I like a lot. I'm not a big fan of the ballads, but I like the ones on this CD. I'm sure if you like the Fray's other album, this one is more of the same. :)

    I do kind of like that one David Cook song. I was indifferent and now I kind of think it's nice.

    ReplyDelete