Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Won't Dance

Sometimes out of the blue, a random song pops into my head. Usually the song corresponds to my mood. I have been in a great mood because I had a fantastic weekend and a wonderful Monday. Thus, the song that came into my head is one that I associate with some of my best memories.

When I was a little girl, I used to watch old musicals from the 30s, 40s, and 50s with my grandfather. Watching these musicals - from the Bandwagon to Gigi - with him are some of my favorite childhood memories.

Last night while riding the wave of euphoria from having several good days in a row, I Won't Dance became stuck in my head. I remember hearing Fred Astaire sing this song, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what movie it was in. Oh well, that does not matter.

And then I found the best thing. A recent version of it, which is awesome. I've posted the video here. This song is just so much fun. Very tongue-and-cheek. One day, I'd love to perform it for karaoke. However, that means I actually need to go to a karaoke bar and get up the nerve to sing, but that's a post for another day. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment