Monday, August 24, 2009

What's Awesome Now? Vitamuffins

I avoid muffins like the plague because they are full of calories and fat. Bad. Bad. Bad.

However, they are delicious so it makes me sad that I cannot eat them.

Hungry-girl.com (an awesome diet blog) is always raving about vitalicious vitamuffins. I was very skeptical of them because really how good can a 100-calorie muffin be?

Well vitamuffins are DELICIOUS. I bought the chocolate ones at Giant (they are in the freezer section), and it tastes like chocolate cake. But it's awesome because it has the following:

  1. Only 100 Calories
  2. 50% of your daily iron requirement (this is good for me as I am now anemic and need to actually pay attention to how much iron I eat each day)
  3. Only 1.5 grams of fat
  4. 3 grams of protein
  5. 6 grams of fiber
  6. Lots of vitamins (hence the name vitamuffin)
For the chocoholic in all of us, they taste like real chocolate not disgusting diet chocolate. And if you do not like chocolate (which makes you deranged) there are many other flavors.

I am now a convert. I owe hungry-girl.com an apology for not believing her.

And now, I have something new that I can eat for breakfast. Yay. If only they came in lemon poppy seed too (my favorite). Oh well, you can't have everything!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! I find most muffins too dry, but I will eat my mom's homemade blueberry muffins. I'll have to look for them next time I'm at the grocery store.

    Your on your iPod reminded me that I need to add Tracy Chapman to my iPod. I have a bunch of CDs, but I haven't added them yet. Travesty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clearly have never opened my freezer - these are almost always in there. And, you can get the mix to bake them yourself but they're not as good. The recipe calls for regular chocolate chips, though!

    ReplyDelete