Friday, August 21, 2009

Thank God for Make-Up

I have been plagued by strange dreams lately so I have not been sleeping very well. The dreams run from fun but strange - like when I was driving around LA with Andrew McCarthy in a Maserati - to disturbing and vivid - like my trip to Galapagos to deal with their flea infestation.

Needless to say sleepless/restless nights to not make a girl look her best. However, I have recently picked up a few make-up tricks that make me look rested and refreshed even if I am not. I'm going to share them with whomever stumbles across this blog because let's face it - as women we have to look out for one another.

Both tricks deal with eye make-up because usually that's where you really see fatigue. You can use a little blush to fix the telltale sign of paleness, but to make your eyes look more awake takes a little more work! (By the way, concealer is a must and a given.)

Trick #1 - Nude Eyeliner.

If you line the inside of your lower eyelid with nude eyeliner, your eyes will instantly look wider and more awake. When you are tired, the inside of your eye becomes red, which causes you to look fatigued and your eyes to look small. By coloring this with a nude pencil, you restore the natural color and look much more refreshed. I bought a $5 pencil from Sephora - Sephora Brand in nude beige. It's a life saver.


Trick #2 - Mr. Frosty

Mr. Frosty might sounds like a yummy dessert from Wendy's but in actuality it's a miracle in a stick. This white highlighter when used properly makes your eyes look much more open and therefore more awake. Draw a sideways V in the inner corner of your eyes and then smudge it out toward your nose with your pinky. The white reflects the light to make your eyes look softer and more awake. You will need to make sure that you have a wider pencil sharpener. This stick is too fat for a regular one. It's worth the investment though. I am in love with this product. It's made by Benefit but you can buy it at Sephora.

Ok those are my tips for today. I've got a busy weekend lined up so I'm going to need every trick to make sure that I make the best impression. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment