Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Celebrations

Friday was Mike's birthday. We had a fun celebration and had an interesting discussion about celebrations in general.

I LOVE celebrations but only if they are not focused on me. I'm not a huge fan of being the center of attention. But I love to make a big deal out of birthdays and holidays for other people.

That's not to say that I do not love my own birthday. It's always a blast to go out to dinner with friends or family. I really like that my friend Lori's birthday is close to mine so we can kind of celebrate together. My mom's birthday is also close to mine so we usually combine the family celebration. It's more fun for me that way. I still get to enjoy it without the pressure of having people stare just at me.

My favorite celebrations are around the holidays. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's just so much fun to get everyone together. I love all of the decorations too. There is nothing more fun for me than decorating a tree. I like to take out each ornament and remember when I bought it or a memory that I associate with it.

Yes, I am a very nostalgic person.

But it's more than just decorations. Usually people are much happier around the holidays and I like that. There is a certain sense of fun that is not always present throughout the year. It would be great if we felt festive all year round, but I guess that is a pipe dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment