Sunday, September 20, 2009

Josh Groban Is Funny?

Anyone who knows me knows that I love Josh Groban. He's just awesome. There's no doubt about it.

This week Josh Groban had a guest starring role on Glee. He played himself and was in the show for all of 5 minutes. His role on Glee showed the side of him that I like best - his ability to make total fun of himself and his image. Most people do not realize how funny and self-deprecating he can be, but if you read any of his blog posts or see him in interviews, then it's very obvious.

Josh has been on Ellen numerous times, but his appearance where they sang a duet was just too funny. Josh and Ellen just ham up Total Eclipse of the Heart - which as it is a super melodramatic song is ripe for a parody. Ellen has a surprisingly good voice too! Anyway, it's my favorite television appearance of his ever. Here it is:



I also really liked when Josh sang the TV theme medly at the Emmy's. I think it surprised a lot of people that he would immitate the voices on South Park and rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. As I said, he does not take himself too seriously.



Maybe his next CD should be a spoof on classic songs. That would be funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment