Friday, September 18, 2009

hmmmm Thursday

I had a pretty lousy day on Thursday. A situation that happened at work made me realize something very important.

NEVER volunteer to help someone at work because somehow it will go badly for you. You may have the best of intentions, but inevitably something will go wrong and you will get blamed for it. People always forgets that you were providing assistance for THEIR work. It does not matter that you were trying to help them, in the end you will come out worse for wear. It is better to keep your head down and let them figure out the situation on their own. If you are asked or ordered to help, that's one thing - but don't volunteer.

But, my day perked up a bit because I had a jewelry and chocolate party to go to that evening. What could be better than hanging out with friends, trying on jewelry, and eating chocolate? Mudslide martinis and chocolate covered almonds make a fantastic dinner combination.

Plus, I got to buy this awesome necklace. I want it to come now.

I have no idea what I am going to wear it with, but I'll figure it out. It was just too awesome to resist. And I needed to buy myself a present to make up for the crappy day. . .

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I love the black and white things. I liked the sparkles on the black ribbon (the smaller one, not the bigger one). You need a little black dress. That matches. Or a white blouse and black trousers. It can dress up anything. Very clean and classic.

    ReplyDelete