Monday, September 14, 2009

Favorite Moments of the 2009 VMAs

Last night the VMAs were on. This award show is always a lot of fun and usually has some kind of drama associated with it. And this year was no exception!

Here were my favorite moments:

  • Lady Gaga arriving with Kermit the Frog as her date
  • Pink arriving on a fire truck (I love Pink - she's the badass I wish I could be)
  • Leighton Meester just being there. She's Blair Waldorf so having her show up anywhere makes my day. Her video Good Girls Go Bad with Cobra Starship is awesome too.
  • Taylor Swift handling what was probably one of the most awkward moments of her life (on live TV having Kanye take the microphone away from you to say that you do not deserve your award) with class and grace. This is why I love her and yet another reason why I hate Kanye.
  • Who said that 21 Guns was the best song ever? Oh that was me and the VMAs agreed giving it the award for best rock video. Whoo hooo.
  • Taylor's performance on the subway. Very cool especially since she had to do it immediately after her embarrassing moment with Kanye.
  • Learning that Lady Gaga can actually sing. I was really pleasantly surprised with her live version of Paparazzi.
  • Loving how every time Kanye's name is mentioned the crowd boos and chants "Taylor, Taylor."
  • Getting to see Muse's first US TV performance. And they sang Uprising. I really like that song.
  • Tyson Ritter (lead singer of the All American Rejects) performing shirtless and with body glitter/paint. I kind of have an odd thing for him - it must be the bad boy vibe. . .
  • The Tracy Morgan/Eminem/Cyndi Lauper skit. One word - hysterical
  • Pink doing Cirque du Soleil moves during her performance.
  • Beyonce showing that she has amazing class as well as a ton of talent. So awesome that she had Taylor come out again so that she could have her moment.
  • And last but not least - Lady Gaga's outfits. She wore I think 4 or 5 different ones and each was crazier than the last.

Here's the video for Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship. It's my favorite new song of the night.

1 comment:

  1. I watched. I didn't have time for the preshow though I recorded and just kind of fast forwarded. I think the lead singer to the All-American Rejects has manorexia. I like that song a lot though. I don't like Lady Gaga in general, but damn, her songs are catchy. Also, I could never play the piano with my leg like that. I worried when Billy Joe brought the fans on stage. The little man disappeared for a moment. I really think Beyonce and Pink always perform well, and I'm not a huge fan of either. I was absolutely mesmerized by Pink's performance. Plus, I like it when people show up and they don't win. I'm a cynic and think the awards are totally rigged. It was too convenient that almost every big name won one award or performed. At one point, I thought the Kanye moment was staged, but Taylor Swift isn't that good of an actress to feign confusion. I was glad she told me it was Lucas Till in the video. That was driving me nuts. I only know he's in the Hannah Montana movie from a lot of Disney watching over vacation. :) I felt the show was better than the past overall.

    ReplyDelete